Mintres BV can oﬀer its customers a wide range of products and services based around diamond and other high performance ceramics. Our specialty is co-development of a product with a customer and then taking it to high volume production although production to drawing is also possible.
Aluminium nitride (AlN) is a dielectric material with very high thermal conductivity whilst being an electrical insulator. It is an advanced heat spreading material for a wide range of applications such as Laser Diode / Photodetector submounts, RF and Microwave heat spreaders as well as microelectronic substrates.
Aluminium Nitride from Mintres is available double side polished to high surface qualities and flatness. Mintres applies both high precision microdicing and laser cutting processes to shape this material. A wide range of thin film metallizations is available including basic Ti/Pt/Au and AuSn materials for advanced soldering needs.
Characteristics of AlN:
- Thermal conductivity (W/mK): ≥170
- Coefficient of thermal expansion (ppm/K): 4.00
- Thermal diffusivity (cm/s): 0.80
- Density (g/cm3): 3.25
- Young’s Modulus (GPa): 308
- Dielectric constant: 9.00
- Specific heat capacity (J/cm3K): 1.90
- Standard available material thickness:
0.20, 0.40, 0.50, 0.60, 0.635, 0.80, 1.00 mm
- Surface quality: Ra < 100nm
- Au metallization configuration:
- Solder metallization configurations:
Ti/TiN/Ti/AuSN (80/20)/Au (40/120/40/3000/50 nm)
Ti/Pt/AuSn (75/25)/Au (100/200/3600/50nm)
- Possible metallization schemes:
- Fullface Au
- Patterned Au
- Fullface Au plus patterned AuSn
- Patterned Au plus patterned AuSn
- Edge wrap around metallization Au
- Other thicknesses/configurations are possible.