Maintenance technician, sputter and plasma etching machines [J101] - EN
Apply for this job
Mintres is a long term supplier to high-tech industry and research institutes, in the telecoms branch and other high-value electronic sectors. We make sub-assemblies for such items as laser-diodes, precision-sensors and other advanced electronic components.
Do you like to dismantle and reassemble precision machinery?
As Maintenance Technician you will be responsible for maintenance and repair of the on-site sputter and plasma etching systems. (Vacuum systems for deposition and etching). It will be your task to organise scheduled maintenance and take care that any immediate problems are diagnosed and repaired quickly and effectively. The aim is to ensure that the production has minimum disruption from unexpected problems. You will also continue to improve existing processes, the supply of necessary materials and new maintenance techniques.
This is a responsible post as equipment downtime can have large negative effects on production. Therefore we are seeking someone capable of accepting this responsibility, and who can work calmly and efficiently under stress. We find it very important that you are interested in technology and that you are self-motivated for further learning. “Could you, for example, fault-find a precision sawing-machine, a vacuum solder oven, a two-dimensional laser-cutter and produce both a repair and an ongoing solution to the fault that you find?”
Next to these qualities, the ability to work independently is very important. You will, at the appropriate point, plan your own activities, maintenance-schedules and stock-control. You will also fulfil a support role fielding questions from colleagues and propose process improvements on your own initiative.
See below for a summary of what we are looking for. If you have the practical knowledge, experience and drive, but lack a specified qualification then we most certainly invite you to apply!
What are we looking for?
Working at Mintres
- Working and thinking level, MBO+
- Precision-mechanical technical knowledge (e.g. MTS mechanical-engineering or physics, chemistry and maths A levels or other national equivalent qualification; five years’ experience in electromechanical/precision-mechanical technology)
- Knowledge of mechatronics (a combination of mechanical and electrical engineering with measurement and control techniques). The emphasis lies towards the mechanical aspects of mechatronics.
- Experience of vacuum technologies
- Experience of electrical and low-voltage systems
- Calculation skills and technical insight
- Strong analytic ability, organized and detail orientated
- Good fault-finding skills, with the ability to think ’outside the box’
- Good personal/team skills and flexibility in work performance (including work times)
- Familiarity with the English language
- Interest in new developments in your skills area
Mintres is an innovative, international company and market-leader within its sector. There is an informal, open and no-nonsense company culture: “In the canteen, the biscuit-tins are always filled!” The company has a flat structure, you have plenty of freedom, will work independently and have opportunities for self-improvement. At the same time, it is expected that you will strive for constant improvement and be responsible for your actions. We are proud when we complete projects, and our successes are always celebrated!
Preference is given for a full-time post although four days a week may be possible. We offer a salary in line with market rates and good working conditions such as 25 days paid holiday per year + 13 ADV days (another form of paid holiday for non-Dutch applicants) on a full time basis.
Location: Cuijk, Noord Brabant, the Netherlands.
Send your CV and supporting letter for your application to the P&O department, firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have questions about any details of the vacancy, please feel free to contact Paul Spaaij via 0485-396 360.